Francois is the current owner and manager of LTD Tennis, having taken over the reins at the start of 2013 from Conrad Classen. He joined the LTD team as a Level 1 Coach in May 2011. He started playing tennis at the age of 13, and never received formal coaching, but because of his passion for the game, taught himself tennis by reading tennis-coaching books during high-school and watching professional players playing.
He played national tournaments after high-school and had a National Open Singles Ranking of 133 when he stopped competing in national tournaments in 2003. He completed a SAPTR Level One coaching course in 2004 and the Play Tennis Instructors course in 2005. He also completed the ITF Play and Stay coaching course as well as the ITF National Instructors course through Tennis South Africa. He coached at Henk Kleinschmidt Tennis Academy in Centurion, Gauteng, in 2004 and 2005, and became a self-employed coach from 2008, coaching in Pretoria and eventually in Cape Town as well.
|Cost||Starting from R240 for 60 min|
|Ages||4 – 70|
|Levels||Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced|
|Experience||1 – 3 Years|
The principles we use in our coaching approach are simple.
Create the best environment:
– Appropriate sized courts for different ages and levels
– Slower and lower bouncing balls for young beginners
– Having fun
– Developing your game from where it’s at to the highest possible level
– Present appropriate competition.
– Shorter, multi-match formats and events, especially for young beginners.
– Team and individual matches.
– Using simple scoring systems for beginners