Our well-known premises are located on the beach front at Surfer’s Corner, Muizenberg, Cape Town. Surfer’s Corner has a great, friendly swell for beginners learning to surf and is also popular with long boarders. Many of South Africa’s hot locals have started their surfing career on these very waves.
Beginner surfers are taught in the water at Muizenberg and more advanced classes take place at various hotspots around the peninsula. All beginners are taught on long-boards and may advance to Mini Malibu’s or short-boards once they have mastered the basic skills. Students can ride variations of boards at no extra cost. The school is open 7 days a week and lessons times are based on the tide. Let us know when you want to come for a lesson and we will tell you the best time for that day. Class duration is up till 2 hours long or until we get you up and riding. The beginner surfer is generally up and riding by the end of the first lesson. There is never more than 3 students per instructor, allowing for more personalized tuition. The minimum age to attend surf classes is 5 years old. The eldest student to attend and master the challenge successfully was 71 years old. Booking is recommended – at least a day in advance! All students are required to bring their own swimsuits, towels, sun block and LOTS OF SURFING ATTITUDE! Free Locker and Changing Room facilities are available to all our customers.
2 Hour Lesson = 1 hour tuition and 1 hour of fun practicing
- R380 per adult for 1 or 2 people
- R350 per person for 3-6 people group
- R300 per person for 7-10 people group
- R280 per child under the age of 12 years (1 Hour lesson)
- For a group larger than 10 people please e-mail us for a quote
- For groups of 6 kids or more will cost R200 per child
- There will be a discounted rate for interns and volunteers at a cost of R350 per person, per lesson. Please bring proof to receive this discount i.e. letter from your Agency/School.
- 1 Hour one-on-one coaching lesson to advance further in your surfing will cost R250 per person.
- Budget Lesson – R300 per person – minimum of 4 people in a group and maximum of 10 people
- Private lesson with your own instructor – R500
|Cost||Starting from R450 for 45 min|
|Experience||: 10+ Years|
Gary’s Surf School is an established company specializing in professional surfing tuition and coaching. The school has been in existence since 1989, making it the oldest surf school in the country. The Surf School is well known by locals and is internationally renowned, with many tourists returning year after year to continue developing their surfing skills.
Gary’s Surf School is located on Beach Road in sunny Muizenberg, Cape Town. Muizenberg Beach is known for its gentle sloping white beach and consistent waves making it conducive to learning the art of surfing quickly and safely.
Gary himself is personally involved in some of the lessons and many young up and coming surfers are products of the school. With a solid reputation built on trust, service and results, we have become one of the most popular surf schools in South Africa!