I am a professional drummer currently based in Cape Town, South Africa.
I have international studio and live performance experience.
Since completing my studies, I have completed 3 cruise ship contracts.
– Two were with Royal Caribbean in Europe for 10 weeks and 8 months, respectively. I traveled around America, the Caribbean, Mexico and Europe.
– I also worked for P&O Australia, where I travelled around Australia, Asia and other islands in the South Pacific.
Performances were intense as I performed 7 nights a week usually with no days off.
This has given me an advantage in that I have gained an enormous amount of stage time and has also allowed me to play with some varied and experienced musicians from all over the world.
Prior to these contracts I also gigged and recorded in London, United Kingdom for 4 years.
My current gear:
– 1964 Ears – In Ear Monitors (Endorsed Artist)
– Gretsch 14″ x 6.5″ Maple snare drum (incl. contoured wooden hoops).
– 14″ Meinl Byzance traditional Hi-Hats
– 18″ Meinl Byzance Dual Dry Crash
– 18″ Meinl Extra Dry Crash
– 22″ Byzance medium-thin Jazz ride
– Pearl Demon Drive Bass drum pedal
– Vater Matrix drumsticks
– Roland SPD-SX sampling pad
|Cost||Starting from R200|
|Ages||6 – 90|
|Levels||Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced|
I have 2 years drumming and basic music theory teaching experience in and around the Cape Town area.
My students range in ability from beginners to advanced and in a variety of ages.
Included in my lessons:
– Sight reading
– Various playing styles
– Basic music theory / Drum notation